Welcome to 2 of the most captivating Medieval Tuscany Little Towns! San Gimignano is a medieval town also known as the ” Manhattan” of Tuscany with its 14 building towers.
- We'll enter the town from one of the medioeval arch doors and begin to explore all the artisan stores which we'll find right and left of the main road.
- We'll stop at the main square ( Piazza della Cisterna ) where we will stop at a gelateria that won the “Gelato World Championship” for two years. Here there have been played few scenes of the movie “ Tea with Mussolini”.
- We'll have time for those of you that want to visit the Duomo and Musuem
- Then we will take a short walk to the highest part of the town where the views are spectacular and also a secret spot where to enjoy some Vernaccia wine ( the famous white wine made only in San Gimignano)
- We'll spend sometime shopping and discovering the various medioeval streets and squares and going above the bigger tower ( Torre Grossa) for those who like to explore the view from high level.
We'll than drive to the village of Monteriggioni, an 11th Century Medioeval Fortress which resembles a crown on a King’s head.
- We will enter the village at his main arch door and walk around this small but fascinating place
- We will walk around the imposing walls and the 11 towers where we can enjoy spectacular views of the surrounding countryside. Monteriggioni is on the pathway of the Via Francigena and was a major stop on the pilgrimage trail from Canterbury to Rome.
- This is a place where the time has stopped and we'll let you enjoy it in its all simplicity
Time: 6 hours
Cost: $ 500.00 per 2 people
3 to 6 people $ 200.00 per person
Parties of 7 or more can be accommodated upon request
This tour can be combined with a wine tour upon request