The Pienza-Montepulciano Tour will touch 2 of the most unique little towns in Tuscany.
We'll stop first in Pienza. Pienza is a small town situated in the Val d’Orcia, The name comes from Pope Pius II, who was born here, and it means the city of Pius, It’s a superb example of Renaissance architecture
- The town is a UNESCO World Heritage Site .Pienza is land of pecorino cheese. In fact, Pienza is considered the “capital” of pecorino cheese, because of its high quality due to the fact that the cheese is made from an especially flavoursome and aromatic milk thanks to sheep pastures in Val d’Orcia
- We will walk the town and stop to unique shops and learn about the pecorino cheese
- We will visit the main attraction and we will definally stop at the famous gelato place that is something not to miss for its unique handmade flavors.
- We will also walk the street of love( Via dell amore) and the kiss street( via del bacio).
- We will stop along the city wall from which we will enjoy the view of the beautiful Val D'Orcia
- Than we will sit down or stand at the bar for a great aperitif and we will enjoy some lunch which can be in a restaurant or having a Tuscan sandwich while relaxing in the main Square
- We will leave Pienza and drive for only 15 minutes to the caracteristic town of Montepulciano. Just before we reach the town we will visit a splendid church landmark
- After our visit to San Biagio we'll arrive at Montepulciano. Montepulciano is a medieval town of rare beauty. The city, full of elegant Renaissance palaces, ancient churches, charming squares and hidden corners, offering vast panoramas all over the wonderful Val d'Orcia.
- We'll walk along the Corso street enjoying the many shops and landmarks. Along the Corso we will take a break and relax at one of the historical Coffee-Bars and delight ourselves with a caffe or a drink and some great cookies or desserts, while observing a wonderful view of the Umbria region.
- Than we will continue our wonderful walk to Piazza Grande, the focus of the city. Just stop a minute in the middle of the square or near the lovely fountain and feel the unique medioeval atmosphere offered by the plaza surrounded by the Duomo, the Palazzo Comunale, the Palazzo Tarugi and the Palazzo Contucci, where you'll find extensive wine cellars and wine tastings. For one of the best view of Val D'Orcia we will enter a secret street and enjoy a breathtaking site.
Time: 4 Hours
Cost: $ 400.00 per 2 people
3 to 6 people $ 150.00 per person
Parties of 7 or more can be accommodated upon request
This tour can be combined with a wine tour upon request